I would like to
Our team at Pearl dental clinic practice minimally invasive dentistry (also known as MID). MID is designed to achieve the best standards of dental care without significant tooth reduction.
With minimally invasive dentistry we perform the least amount of dentistry needed to address your dental needs. This means that we minimise tooth drilling to maximise the amount of your sound tooth tissue preserved.
We use the most appropriate dental materials and advanced equipment such as the dental microscope and the dental laser to conserve the maximum amount of natural tooth structure, even where these dental materials and dental equipment may cost us more. By using the best dental materials and most tooth conservative equipment, we increase the lifespan of your teeth.
One of the equipment that we use to provide MID for our patients is the aquacare air abrasion system:
The AquaCare air abrasion system, allows us to provide contact-free and minimally invasive dentistry (MID), providing painless routine dental procedures for our patients. It uses breakthrough technology to deliver a comfortable, quick and clean procedure.
AquaCare uses a fine stream of ‘Aqua Sol’ fluid combined with very fine Aluminium Oxide particles which are only a few microns thick directed at the tooth being treated at high pressure. In many cases it eliminates the need for the dental drill or needle.
The AquaCare enables efficient stain removal and cleaning. It can clean into the very fine structure of the tooth, which conventional cleaning systems cannot do. AquaCare is used for preparation of cavities without the need for anaesthetic or drilling. It cuts gently and conservatively.
The Aquacare minimises the removal of sound tooth material and eliminates the risk of tooth chipping and stress fractures developing. Unlike conventional dental drills, it is not in direct contract with the tooth structure. AquaCare produces no vibration, turbine noise, heat generation or smell.
What are the advantages of using Aquacare for our patients?
– Air abrasion provides an additional mechanical bond between the tooth and veneers/ crowns/ bridges/ inlays & onlays and white fillings. The restoration cement provides the traditional chemical bond. The additional mechanical bond provided by AquaCare, makes restoration debonding far less likely.
– Air abrasion preserves healthy tooth tissue which traditional dental drills may remove.
– Air abrasion does not overheat the tooth as it has water cooling. Traditional dental drills can overheat the tooth if water cooling is not used and this can lead to tooth’s pulp tissue dying.
– Air abrasion leaves the working area relatively dry, which is a big advantage during the placement of white fillings.
– Air abrasion is used to block microscopic holes within dentine which helps reduce tooth sensitivity.
– Air abrasion procedures are relatively simple and quick.
As well as removing decay from the tooth, air abrasion can also be used to prepare a tooth surface for composite bonding, significantly improve the bond between a crown/veneer/bridge/inlays & onlays and the tooth, remove superficial teeth stains and tooth discolourations.
Pearl dental clinic is open 7 days a week from 9am-10pm. Weekend and late evening dental appointments are available. You can book a Consultation by calling us on 0208 547 9997 or emailing us or book an appointment online.
Click here to apply online
New & existing patients can book appointments online, 24 hours a day
Click to contact us now!