Emax veneers are a brand of pressed ceramic porcelain dental veneers. Emax veneers are strong, durable, and very thin. One of the biggest advantages of Emax veneers is that they need minimal enamel shaving. This avoids drilling the teeth into peg shapes.
As with any cosmetic procedure, patients should always ensure that the provider of the treatment has enough experience and artistic abilities to satisfy their requirements. One of the best ways to assess this is by viewing photographs of previous work and read patient reviews.
What are the different types of porcelain veneers?
In terms of materials, there are two types of veneers. These are ‘feldspathic’ porcelain veneers and pressed porcelain veneers. Feldspathic veneers are made by a ceramist building up the porcelain in layers and curing it at a high temperature to produce the final result. Feldspathic veneers are not as strong as pressed Emax veneers. A higher veneer thickness is required to give feldspathic veneers the necessary strength, therefore, more tooth drilling is needed to give technicians the space they need.
What are the Advantages of Emax veneers?
- Emax veneers can have thinner edges without chipping.
- Minimal, or no preparation of the tooth enamel. The thinner the veneer, the less the preparation or drilling of the tooth is needed. This allows for a stronger bond between the tooth and veneer. This is because veneer bonding to enamel is much stronger than veneer bonding to underlying dentine.
- Chameleon effect due to higher translucency.
What can Emax Veneers provide?
- Provide a beautiful white smile.
- Cover misaligned, misshapen, discoloured, or chipped teeth.
- Close gaps and spaces.
What is the procedure for getting Emax dental veneers?
- Firstly, the teeth, the facial profile, and the occlusion of the teeth will be clinically assessed. Then, based on the findings, a design for the veneers is chosen. This is followed by a ‘trial smile’ which shows the chosen design in wax. At this stage, any tooth preparation that is needed will be shown and agreed with the patient.
- Preparation of the tooth is carried out where necessary and digital scans are sent to the lab. A temporary veneer is then fitted.
- We are one of the few clinics in the UK that use the iTero digital scanning system. The iTero handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your teeth instead of taking traditional impressions and moulds. The digital image is electronically sent to the dental laboratory immediately. Digital scanning speeds up the process of veneer manufacture, avoids patient gagging and is much more accurate than traditional impressions.
- Fitting of the final Emax veneers occurs once the veneers have been delivered from the lab.
At Pearl dental clinic, you can spread the cost of your cosmetic dentistry treatment interest free with our 0% dental finance plans. Pearl Dental Clinic is open 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm. You can book a FREE Veneer Consultation by calling 0203 750 5300 or emailing us or book an appointment online.