Tooth Veneers Pros and Cons
When considering cosmetic dentistry, many people want to know the ‘Tooth veneers pros and cons’. Having veneers is a big step and many want to know the benefits and the disadvantages before undergoing such work. Pearl Dental Clinic offers a wide range of veneers at affordable prices. Our experienced staff will always be transparent about a patient’s suitability for veneers and will advise whether they are truly the best option. In saying this, most people could really benefit from having veneers, and they are an excellent way of improving someone’s smile.
Pros: What are the benefits of veneers?
- Dental veneers can be an excellent way of creating a straight, white smile. They are perfect for covering dull, discoloured, stained, chipped or broken teeth. Mild to moderate misalignments may also be fixed by this method. The veneers are placed over the natural teeth to cover up any unsightly issues and will make the teeth look straight.
- Veneers are custom made for the individual to ensure that they provide a perfect fit, coupled with a natural look.
- The process for receiving veneers is quick. So no waiting for straight teeth through braces or retainers.
- They can last up to ten years if looked after properly, longer with certain types of veneers.
- There are a wide range of veneers available to suit many types of dental issue.
- Veneers look like natural teeth.
- They are a low maintenance procedure, and can be looked after like normal teeth would be.
- They can strengthen chipped and broken teeth.
Cons: What might be the disadvantages for a small number of patients?
- Dental veneers are considered a cosmetic improvement for life, so typically, once veneers have been fitted they cannot be removed.
- The teeth may need enamel shaving for the veneers to fit, however, with some types, such as Lumineers, this may not be needed. This is because Lumineers are paper thin.
- A small number of people may experience some sensitivity after veneers are attached.
- People who grind their teeth may not be good candidates for the procedure as the pressure applied may damage them.
- They can occasionally pop off. However, this is easily fixed by a dentist.
If you would like more information on dental veneers or would like to book a free cosmetic consultation, then our staff would love to hear from you. Give us a call on 0208 547 9997 or book an appointment online. The clinic offers a wide range of veneers to suit a variety of different needs and our staff will always recommend procedures with your best interests in mind. If veneers are not suitable for you then we have other cosmetic procedures available to help you achieve the smile you want.
Pearl Dental Clinic is open 7 days a week from 9am to 9pm. You can book an appointment by calling us on 0208 547 9997 or emailing us or booking an appointment online.
Below are Some Genuine Reviews of our Services from Independent Sources