We only get one set of teeth throughout our adult life. Therefore, it is essential to look after them so you can keep them healthy and functioning for as long as possible. In most cases, tooth loss can be avoided with proper dental care, both at home and from your dentist. Below are some tips to help protect your teeth.
How To Look After Your Teeth
- Firstly, it is essential to attend regular checkups with your dentist. It is here where any issue that is developing or just starting to show can be identified. Early identification of issues such as dental decay, gum disease, tooth damage, etc. can really improve the chances of a positive outcome.
- Brushing at least twice a day can help to remove plaque, bacteria, debris, acids, and sugars from the tooth’s surface. The removal of these is one of the most important things you can do to protect your teeth. This limits the chances of developing further issues.
- Brushing alone will only clean around sixty percent of the tooth’s surface. Therefore, it is important to use floss, interdental brushes, or a water jet to clean in between the teeth.
- Mouthwash will help sweep away any remaining particles of food and debris left lurking around your mouth. The added bonus is that mouthwash will also help your breath to smell fresh.
- Finally, limit the number of sugary and acidic foods that you eat. As well, it is important to limit the number of times you eat in a day. Constant snacking continually subjects the teeth to acid erosion. Only eating at set times in a day will help protect the teeth from continued damage.
However, if tooth loss does occur then there are treatments available to counteract this. These include dentures, bridges, and dental implants. However, it is always advisable to look after your teeth as best you can to avoid needing to take these restorative measures.
If you would like to book in for a dental check-up or hygienist appointment with us then you can do this online or by calling our knowledgeable and friendly reception team on 020 8003 4446. A wide range of treatments are available, seven days a week to help keep your teeth and mouth healthy. A full list of these can be viewed on our website. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to seeing you in the clinic soon, here at Pearl Dental Clinic.
Pearl Dental Clinic is open 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm. You can book a dental check-up by calling us on 020 8003 4446 or emailing us or booking an appointment online.
Below are Some Genuine Reviews of our Services from Independent Sources