When tooth loss occurs you may want to think about options for replacement. There are a number of options available, such as dentures, dental implants, and dental bridges. In particular, dental bridge pros and cons are worth considering before making a decision on what is the best solution for you. Many people opt for a dental bridge because it is more permanent than a denture and less invasive than a dental implant.
Dental bridge pros and cons
- Dental bridges are fixed to your neighbouring teeth, therefore, do not need to be removed daily and re-adhered like dentures.
- They do not require any oral surgery to fit them so are much less invasive than dental implants.
- They are extremely quick to fit in comparison to a dental implant.
- You can restore your smile in a natural looking way.
- The appliance lasts around ten to fifteen years before replacement is needed.
- If the neighbouring teeth are aesthetically compromised, cracked, or stained, they too will get the benefit of the bridge crowns to improve their look and feel.
- Cleaning a bridge can be more difficult than cleaning your natural teeth so you will need to ensure you take extra care when brushing.
- The neighbouring teeth need to be shaved down to allow the bridge to fit correctly. This means that healthy teeth are affected.
- In very extreme cases nerve damage can occur to the neighbouring teeth.
- Cost wise, bridges are not much cheaper than dental implants. Implants which are fixed into the jaw and last for many years, if not a lifetime.
If you have suffered tooth loss and would like replacement teeth then please call us on 0203 750 5302. We have a number of different options to suit a variety of needs. In addition to this, the clinic offers complete general dentistry, as well as beautiful cosmetic treatments for the face, teeth, and lips. Also, if you are experiencing a dental emergency then you can call, or walk in any time of the day or night. We look forward to assisting you soon.
Pearl Dental Clinic is open 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm. You can book an appointment by calling us on 0203 750 5302 or emailing us or booking an appointment online.
Below are Some Genuine Reviews of our Services from Independent Sources