Dr. Esthatios Kousounis MClinDent (Periodontology) MRD
Specialist Periodontist (Specialist in Gum Treatment)
Dr Efstathios Kousounis received his Diploma of Dental Surgery in 2009 from the University of Athens, Greece. For the next year he went on to work in private practice at the military hospital in Athens, Greece.
In January 2011, Efstathios relocated to London where has been practising dentistry ever since.
In 2015, he obtained his MClinDent in Periodontology from the world-renowned UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London, after three years of full time further training and also obtained a Certificate in Periodontology by the European Federation of Periodontology. Efstathios works in our team as a specialist periodontist and provides periodontal treatment for patients. He welcomes referrals for all aspects of periodontal treatment, including:
- Treatment of all forms of periodontitis including those associated with systemic conditions
- Non surgical treatment of peri-implantitis
- Treatment of nonresponsive periodontal defects, furcation involvement, perio-endo lesions and defects following periodontal treatment. In these situations access surgery, resective surgery or regenerative procedures may be indicated using membranes, bone grafts or enamel matrices.
- Presence of recession defects or mucogingival deformities which are progressing or require cosmetic enhancement and would benefit from periodontal plastic surgery procedures for soft tissue management, e.g. root coverage, increase of keratinised tissues;
- Crown lengthening procedures (aesthetic and functional)
GDC Number: 193562