Emergency dentistry was necessary for a woman in Yorkshire when she ate a sandwich that had a small stone inside.
Karen Addy, from Holmfirth, told the Sun that she needed to have a tooth removed after the carrot, hummus and alfalfa meal from Boots injured her mouth.
The emergency dentistry cost around £3,000 and it took over three years before she could afford to pay.
“It has been a stressful ordeal but I can finally eat apples again. I had forgotten what they tasted like,” she said.
Ms Addy, who has two children, developed an abscess after eating the pebble and had to take antibiotics to treat the problem.
US health website Medline Plus explains that a dental abscess causes severe sharp, shooting or throbbing toothache and can also lead to swelling in the neck and jaw.
Dental implants were put in to replace the broken tooth and Ms Addy, who received compensation from sandwich company Fresh Naturally Organic, also needed a bone graft.