If you are suffering from a painful tooth then come down to the clinic and see us. We have a drop in service for all dental emergencies. You can find us at 5 Vale Parade, Kingston Vale, London SW15 3PS. We are easily accessible from all major transport routes and have free parking available if arriving in a car.
What could cause a painful tooth?
There are a number of things that could be indicated by a painful tooth. Pain occurs when there is an issue. This is our body’s way of telling us that there is a problem. Pain in or around a tooth (toothache) could mean any of the following:
- Infection of the pulp and root within the tooth which requires a root canal treatment.
- Gum disease or infection that may need treatment with antibiotics, as well as maintaining good dental health and hygiene.
- Teeth grinding (also known as Bruxism) that can occur during waking hours or while you are asleep. Some people can be unaware of this issue until a dentist diagnoses it. There are mouthguards available to help protect the teeth from damage and stem the pain and discomfort.
- A trauma to the teeth or mouth could cause pain to occur. If you have suffered a dental trauma then seek emergency care as soon as possible.
- Wisdom teeth complications, or in children, the eruption of their milk or adult teeth.
- An abnormal bite could cause pain due to the mouth, teeth, or jaw moving in a way that creates pressure or strain.
- A broken, chipped, or cracked tooth.
- Tooth and jaw pain can also indicate or be a sign of other medical conditions that would need treatment from your GP.
Get in touch…
If you have a dental issue and need immediate care then you can call the clinic on 0208 547 9997. In addition to emergency treatment, we provide complete general dental care, as well as stunning cosmetic dentistry. Why not see what we can do for you. Our staff are waiting to take your call.
Pearl Dental Clinic is open 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm. You can book an appointment by calling us on 0208 547 9997 or emailing us or booking an appointment online.