It is important that people employ a good technique when cleaning their teeth. If this routine is performed to a good standard the teeth can be maintained for many years without serious issues occurring. In contrast, an unhealthy mouth can result in gum disease, tooth loss, and can have an impact on your overall health and wellbeing.
Cleaning teeth – tips and advice
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day (always once before bed) for around two minutes. Do not apply too much pressure to the teeth though, as this can cause damage to the enamel.
- A pea sized amount of toothpaste is all that is needed. It is not necessary to cover the whole toothbrush head.
- Change your toothbrush every two to three months to ensure it is in good condition. An old toothbrush can actually be ineffective.
- Consider purchasing an electric toothbrush for deeper, more effective cleaning.
- Use dental floss or interdental brushes to clean in between the teeth and remove debris.
- Using mouthwash daily is recommended to help remove plaque, freshen the breath, and reduce the risk of gum disease.
- Limit the amount of sugary snacks and drinks that you consume. The more times the teeth come into contact with sugar the more at risk they are from tooth decay.
- It is also very important to attend regular check-ups with your dentist. This is so they can monitor your teeth and gums and provide any dental care that you may need.
Dental hygienist appointments
Our dental hygienist is also available to help give advice and guidance on keeping your teeth clean and healthy. The clinic has a number of treatments available to clean and polish your teeth while also removing stains, plaque, tartar, and general bacteria build up. The clinic is open seven days a week from 9am right up until 10pm every night. If you would like further information on cleaning your teeth effectively or would like to book in to see our dental hygienist then please call the clinic on 0208 547 9997.
The clinic also offers a complete range of general dentistry treatments to help maintain good dental health. In addition to this, cosmetic dentistry is available to enhance your natural look. Furthermore, if a dental emergency strikes we have a fast and convenient walk-in service so you can access the treatment you need, immediately. We look forward to seeing you at the clinic soon.
Pearl Dental Clinic is open 7 days a week from 9am to 10pm. You can book an appointment by calling us on 0208 547 9997 or emailing us or booking an appointment online.